Essex County Club located in Manchester-by-the-sea, Massachusetts is seeking an experienced Equipment Manager to lead and oversee its golf course equipment fleet. The successful candidate desires to be a part of a professional work environment, brings accountability to work and delivers high-quality products and services.
The Equipment Manager is an integral part of the management team which includes Golf Course Superintendent, three Assistant Superintendents, as well as up to 32 additional team members. We have a strong track record of retention, advancement and providing a professional work environment with industry and non-industry training to be the best.
Success Traits of Individual:
- Enjoys ongoing identification of technical problems and the development of sound, carefully thought-out solutions with autonomy and independence.
- Valued expert expected to deliver high quality, accurate results, while efficiently maintaining and enhancing existing organizational systems and standards.
- Collaborative leadership focused on efficient, accurate, quality work output.
- Delivers a fun, educational and empowered work environment for team members
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary - $85,000-$100,000
- $1,000 monthly stipend for housing or temporary housing
- Health, Dental, Life Insurance, Short term and long-term disability
- 401K with employer match
- Annual holiday, vacation and sick time
- Professional membership association dues, travel / expenses to the annual GCSAA conference covered
- Typical weekly work hours - 42 to 48 hours
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Oversees and manages the entire maintenance shop operation
- Maintain the fleet of equipment and all related cutting units in a manner that meets modern day golfing expectations
- Develop and implement a preventive maintenance/ repairs schedule for all related tools, vehicles, and equipment
- Responsible for ordering and purchasing of all parts and equipment
- Organize and update a detailed equipment/fleet inventory and administrative
- Manage and monitor equipment plus supplies and repairs budgets in excess of $80,000
- Work with Golf Course Superintendent in developing annual operating and capital budgets
- Three to five years’ experience as an Equipment Technician or Assistant Equipment Technician
- Extensive knowledge in Hydraulic and Diesel systems
- Proficient in the understanding of electrical schematics and troubleshooting
- Working knowledge of the theory and care of reel and bed knife grinding preferred
- Associates Degree or Certificate from an accredited technical school/college preferred, but not required
- Demonstrated strong written, verbal, interpersonal & communication skills
- Embraces daily use of technology and the ability to evolve with modern day practices
- Excellent attitude with a bias towards action
The Essex County Club was founded in 1893. The original Club House was completed the same year. At that time, the grounds included a full size polo field, two clay tennis courts, and a nine-hole golf course. Today, ECC boasts an expanded Club House, a Donald Ross designed eighteen-hole golf course (1917), eleven grass,ten clay tennis courts, three paddle tennis courts, three pickleball courts, and a full size swimming pool. All of these amenities are located on 180 acres in Manchester-by-the-Sea, Massachusetts.
Currently, Essex County Club is ranked #79 by Golf Digest in its Top 100 rankings, and #3 in the state of Massachusetts.
Essex County Club continues to be dedicated to the future of golf, a professional work environment and the maintenance operation. Our facility stays committed to a stringent equipment preventive maintenance program, innovative practices and capital replacement to ensure the best overall product and facilities.
The vision is to routinely elevate golfing conditions and the golfing experience, and continue to have conditions that rival the best conditions and golf experiences in the country.