The Club at Cordillera is seeking an Assistant Golf Course Superintendent to enhance the Vail Valley lifestyle of our members. We have a truly unique golf experience and environment for individuals who want to be a part of a multi-course, upscale private community in a highly desirable location.
Golf Course Maintenance Standards:
- To prepare, preserve, and maintain the golf course as the major club asset.
- To protect, understand and fulfill the golf course architect's vision and goals for a firm, fast, and fair golf challenge for all levels of player abilities.
- To plan and execute programs and procedures that maintains a superior golf experience as well as enhances and protects the environment, property, and aesthetics of the club.
- Our goal is to create extraordinary guest and member experiences through personalized service, consistency, and uncompromising attention to detail.
Why Work at The Club of Cordillera
- Provide a focused, fun, flexible work environment
- Direct access to Troon's international network of clubs, agronomists and resources for accelerated career advancement.
- Typical hours are 55-65 per week in the summer, 25-30 per week in the winter
- Opportunity to work in a multi-course environment, which promotes teamwork, collaboration and shared resources.
Initial Priorities of the Position:
- Develops a working knowledge of agronomy programs associated with the management of the specific water, soil, and turf types of the course.
- Develops rapport and communicates with course lead, other key agronomy staff, and golf staff to discuss conditions of golf courses, maintenance plans and scheduled events.
- Properly mixes, calibrates, and applies chemical/fertilizers used on the course.
Success Traits of Individual:
- High integrity and humility
- Willing to learn, and a sincere interest in the game of golf and turf industry
- Strong communicator (asks a lot of questions and communicates timely information).
- Directive leadership to assure quality standards are met
- Delivers high-quality products and services, and achieves goals consistently and efficiently
Compensation & Benefits:
- Salary - $60,000-$75,000
- Relocation costs - $2,000
- Temporary housing
- Vacation, holidays
- Health, dental, vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Accident insurance
- Long-term disability
- 401K with employer match
- Safely operates the use of dump trucks, snow removal equipment, snowcat, and snowmobiles to remove, monitor, maintain, groom, and pack the facility during winter operations.
- Aids the Course Superintendent in the proper winterization of the golf course including fencing, tarping, end-of-season agronomy practices, irrigation winterization, and chemical applications.
- Operates, maintains, and troubleshoots components such as pressure relief and reduction valves, pumps, filtration equipment, pump motors/drives, and communication systems associated with the water delivery for the property.
- Ensures proper finish of sodding, drainage work, and various projects associated with course maintenance.
- Ensures that maintenance equipment is properly maintained and safely operated.
- Keep records of annual maintenance activities and costs.
- Follows sound purchasing procedures utilizing preferred vendors, when possible.
- Reconciles and provides timely coding of all invoices, payroll and other required documents.
- Ensures all company policies and procedures are followed including compliance with government regulations.
- Obtains the proper training and/or licenses needed to perform job tasks safely and within city, state, and federal regulations. Addresses directly all real or perceived environmental concerns.
- Manages department members that may include, but is not limited to: 2nd Assistant Superintendent, Environmental Technician, Equipment Operator, Foreman, Greenskeeper, and Irrigation Technician.
- This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an associate in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.
- Associate’s degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school
- Three to four years related experience and/or training
- equivalent combination of education and experience (Degree preference in agronomy/ horticulture/ plant/soil science).
- Ability to read and speak English
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Valid Drivers License
- Pesticide Application License
The Club at Cordillera is home to four very distinct golf courses: Valley, Mountain, Summit and Short. Each with their very own unique characteristics and elevation make a round of golf not only memorable, but unsurpassed in its ability to challenge and mesmerize the golfer.
All were designed by some of the greatest names in the world of golf – Jack Nicklaus, Tom Fazio and Colorado native Hale Irwin. Come out and see for yourself why golf at our Club is reason alone to become a member at one of this country’s most picturesque and captivating properties.
For more information please visit: https://www.cordillera-vail.com/